POSITIVITY WITHIN NEGATIVITY.

14:08 Unknown 0 Comments

I have finally got one major muse for a central message for this month after running my imaginations deep and scribbling out drafts of different things to write about. I had originally wanted to give my few cents and thoughts on the aspect of Feminism, the "Nigerian" type of feminism and the "Nigerian feminists", but with the way people are beginning to get irked at every given opportunity, I have gently set it aside for some other day when I must have finished my attempts at amassing so much knowledge. With the way and manner in which these people have turned feminism into a caricature of sorts, I find myself keeping my opinions private.
I found out a long time ago that negative energy is something that eats deep into the human mind with riotous abandon. I used to think hate was just a feeling, but it turns out hate is like a force of energy that swipes over the senses, controls the entire thought process of a human once presumed to be rational. The kind of negative energy being displayed amongst the populace gives me the shivers, honestly. Many people have buried all relevant semblance of humanity to become riddled with so much negativity that I find it extremely overwhelming if not disgusting.
Just a few hours ago, Serena Williams, 34, cinched her 22nd Grand Slam Title in the 2016 Wimbledon Championship. Her name is now marked in history as she now matches Steffi Graf's era record of major titles. It has been predicted that at this rate and soon enough, she will break the world record again to match the overall leader since 1968, Margaret Court, who won 24 Grand Slams in her time.
I stumbled upon a Live Video of how she beat Angelique Kerber a few hours ago. There was the usual plethora of accolades, congratulatory comments and all whatnot. The comments that struck me most were the demeaning and destructive comments from males who apparently expressed their dislike and hatred for her because they rooted for Angelique.
I am not surprised at these mysogynistic-minded breed of humans.  These are people who cannot even lift a tennis racket, cannot do jack, but have enough energy and guts to spew hateful comments driven by negative energy. Some wrote that she will never be like Steffi Graf because she is black and white people have and will always dominate tennis championships and grand slam titles, others wrote that her temper makes her less of a human, or that she looks more of a man than a woman. Some still wrote that her age is nothing compared to that of Steffi Graf when she won her 22nd Grand Slam, and then someone else wrote that she can never be better because she is a woman.
At some point I stopped reading the comments. They were too disgusting to digest. I had never known the existence of outrageously insane mysogynists until now.
It's funny to think that while these people are busy burying themselves neck-deep in a broiling ocean of hate and envy, Legend Serena is smiling to the bank with her 22nd gold plate, carting away millions of dollars from the 2016 Wimbledon Championship. Imagine the irony of life.
I am inspired by this woman. Her strength is so unique and incomparable. I do not even care about her temper or looks. The fact that she has turned her abilities into large financial gains is enough to motivate any right thinking fellow out there. The best part is that she does not give a rat's ass about anyone just as long as she's doing what she knows how to do best and the money flows in.
When you struggle to get to the top of your game, what exactly do you do with the negative forces coming your way? Surely, it cannot always be a bed of roses? Are you kidding me?
I wrote an article two months ago with the title "Squeezing An Orange". I ask the same question I asked in that article - what comes out of you in the face of negativity? Whatever it is that comes out adds up in defining your character or personality as an adult.
Why don't you try feeding those negative forces with two times more positivity? It doesn't really matter whoever says what. There will always be the naysayers everywhere you go, but how you keep them at bay and feed yourself with positive energy will define you.
When I was nominated for my first award in fiction as a budding creative writer, I received a lot of alarming comments. I am not even trying to say that I'm the perfect writer or that I'm "there" yet, but to realize that people who cannot do a better thing despite my not being perfect beats my wildest imaginations. These are people who cannot write chakam for anything. I discarded the destructive criticisms and focused more on the constructive criticisms to help me grow. I used the negativity to fuel the fire to get nominations, just because I wanted to show those people how much of cowards I thought they were, without having to speak much.
For every ounce of negativity that comes your way, put in four more ounces of positivity. For two ounces of negativity, put in eight ounces of positivity! It doesn't matter whatever people think. Let them think whatever they want to think and call you whatever name. Double and triple the amount of positivity for any atom of negativity. When you do this, you will find yourself not giving up. You will discover a certain kind of strength you've never imagined you could have. You'll be so determined that when you look at yourself in the mirror, you'll see the reflection of you sailing in the clouds and those people who tried to bring you down will be the same people waving and smiling at you from below as if nothing happened.
There is positivity in negativity, my people. Discover that blinding force of energy and use it at best to your advantage. Always stay positive and endeavour to be happy while at it.

0 comments: